Kochu/tar root is used in many recipes. This recipe is the quickest and easiest one you can make with Kochu/Taro Root. Even though this is extremely simple to make, don’t underestimate the taste. Crispy on the outside, soft in the inside, this is a perfect starter for a homemade meal. This is a vegetarian/vegan recipe.
Unlike other vegetables this is not made from the fresh vegetable. Don’t worry, I’m not trying to give you stomach infection either! Whenever taro Root is bought to our home, mom saves up a small piece of the root and dries it up in the sun for 2-3 days, then uses the middle part of the piece for making fritters. The outer layer gets darkened and is discarded. You might feel some discomfort in your throat if you consume Kochu/ Taro Root not properly processed/cooked, as it has needle like microscopic elements (Calcium Oxalet) in it.
Let’s check out the recipe now.
Things you need
- 200g Kochu / Taro Root, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 3 tbsp suji/semolina
- 3 tbsp maida/flour
- 3 tbsp besan/chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 finely chopped green chilies
- 1 Tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
- Cooking oil
- Mix all the ingredients together, add half a cup of water to make it into thick batter and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Make small disc like shapes with the batter and shallow fry them.
- Fry both sides on low/medium flame.
And that’s it! Kochur Bora / taro Root Fritters are ready! Have them with plain rice.
If you like this, you can also check out my other posts-
Feel free to like, comment, share and subscribe to my channel as more easy recipes like this one are on the way! 🙂