Indian cooking or Bengali cooking in specific doesn’t have to be so elaborate all the time! When you don’t have any vegetable at home, you can still manage to make a decent meal out of lentil and few onions. We always have rice, wheat flour, some variety of lentils and onions in our house.
This recipe came extremely handy at that time when the markets were fully closed for many days and it was impossible to get fresh vegetables, fish and meat every single day. Dal’er Bora is nothing but vegetarian/vegan fritters made out of lentils. This one in particular is made with Musoor dal/lentil.
Let’s check out the recipe now…
Things you need
- 1/2 cup Musoor lentil
- 4 small size onions, finely chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves (optional)
- Soak the lentil for one hour and coarse grind
- Chop the onions and green chilies finely.
- Mix the ground lentil with chopped onions, green chilies, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, sugar, salt well together and let it rest for 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the small disc shaped fritters.
Musoor Dal’er Bora/lentil fritters are ready! Have it as a snack with tea/coffee or with plain rice and dal.
If you like this, you can also check out my other posts-
Don’t forget to like, comment and share it with your loved ones as more recipes are coming up. 🙂