Bottle gourd/Lau is one such vegetable whose every part is used in cooking… When you make bottle gourd curry/lau ghonto, save the skin of the bottle gourd (Lau’er Bakol) for stir frying them. It tastes amazing with plain rice/roti. This is a vegetarian/vegan recipe and good for health.
Things you need
- Bottle gourd skin / Lau’er Bakol (2 cup, chopped)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds/ Nigella seeds
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil/ mustard oil
- 4 green chilies
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
No prior preparation is required for this dish.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with mustard seeds/Nigella seeds.
- Finely chop the skin of bottle gourd. And stir fry with salt and turmeric powder.
- If the fry becomes too dry, add a splash of water and cook for few more minutes with lid on.
- Once it is cooked through, sprinkle sugar(optional) and chopped coriander leaves.
Lau’er Bakol Bhaji is ready. Have it with roti/plain rice.
If you like this, you can also check out my other posts-
Feel free to comment, like, share and subscribe!