Gulab Jamuns are one of the most loved desserts of India. There has to be an easy way to make gulab jamun at home!
I have always been skeptical about the different ready mix available in the market but I am glad that I gave it a try. This is not a sponsored post, rather it is how we made gulab jamun from the ready mix along with some tips from my experience.
Things you need:
MTR Gulab Jamun Ready Mix
No prior step is required in this recipe (1 packet is 160 g)
- Mix 1 cup of gulab jamun mix and 1/4 cup of water.
Water should be added gradually. Knead it into a smooth dough. You need to knead for 9-10 minutes.
- Keep the dough aside for 5 minutes.
- Apply ghee/oil on both of your palms and make small balls (half the size of the actual gulab jamun) from the dough.
- Deep fry the dough balls in ghee/oil, until golden brown.
- Take out the fried balls and let them cool for min 1 minute.
- Soak the gulab jamun in hot sugar syrup for minimum 20 minutes.
Gulab jamun can be served both hot and cold.
2 points I would like to mention separately from our experience-
- The gulab jamuns double in size after absorbing the syrup. Making small dough balls are easy to cook through.
- I swallowed couple of gulab jamuns as soon as sugar syrup soaking is done. The hot gulab jamun made in this way is way too soft.
Keeping the gulab jamun in the fridge for an hour, made them just the right consistency.
You might also like some rasgullas. Check out the recipe here-
Click here to check my collection of food on Instagram.