Malpua/Malpoa is a sweet treat that can be made with ingredients easily available in your kitchen. Following this recipe you can make malpua under 30 minutes.
Things you need:
- Semolina/Suji/Rawa (1 cup)
- All purpose flour (2 cups)
- Coconut paste (1 cup)
- Sugar (1.5 cups)
- Fennel Seeds/Mouri
- Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Reduced milk (3-4 cups)
- Cooking oil (500 ml.)
Make a batter mixing all the ingredients, the consistency should neither be too runny, nor too thick. Keep the batter aside for minimum 1 hr.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Drop the batter into the hot oil and fry until it turns light brown and floats on the top.
Malpuya is fried in batches.
- Take out the malpua/malpoa and put them on a tissue to get rid of excess oil.
Malpua/Malpoa is ready to be digged in!!
Some people like to soak the malpua/malpoa in sugar syrup again… It’s totally up to your preference.
Click here to check out other recipes.
Click here to check my collection of food on Instagram.