Karachi Cafe, the cafe from the famous restaurant chain Karachi Bakery grabbed my attention just a few days after they opened the 1st cafe in Gachibowli.
Location wise it is pretty easy to find out. I like the vintage theme of their ambiance.
Coming to the most important part now. I have tried a few things from here by now. This is my experience so far-
- Chicken Kabiraji : It’s a particular type of chicken fry, popular in Kolkata. It’s served accompanied with kasundi (mustard sauce). Even though, I learnt from the previous reviews that it was not good here, oily and greasy I gave it a shot. I must say, they need improvement in this dish.
- Apple Pie with Vanilla ice-cream : I ordered it online. They didn’t give the ice-cream. The pie was decent though.
- Victoria Cake : It was good.
- Shrimp pasta : In comparison to the price, it was a win. It had generous amount of shrimp in it.
- Traditional Chocolate Pastry : Loved it!
- Irani Chai : I liked it on the first day. I don’t know why it tasted somewhat different the second time I ordered it.
In conclusion I would say that Karachi cafe does have an interesting menu to try from. Some of the dishes were really good and some didn’t meet my expectation. Overall it’s a decent and pocket friendly place to hang out with friends.
** This post is not for promotional purposes.